Wednesday, July 2, 2008

For Sale : Boat House on Cranberry Island

I always remark to my wife that I want to retire to Maine and be a fisherman. Quite actually though, I've been wanting to be a crab fisherman - I think it's my obsession with the television show, "The Deadliest Catch."


At any rate, I ran across this boat house in Maine, and I laughed to myself. My wife doesn't find it nearly as appealing as me.

From the Knowles Company:


With commanding views across Cranberry Harbor to Mount Desert Island, this c.1925 boathouse has an attached seasonal studio apartment. Situated on 0.15+/- acres with 60+/-feet of shorefront, this location offers good deep-water anchorage. The open frame structure of the boathouse is 60+/- feet long containing 1,480+/- square feet extending from the shore to the road. There is a pier foundation, and a sand and gravel floor. The studio apartment is attached to the southwest corner of the boathouse on the shore side and consists of a general living/sleeping area with a large stone fireplace, a separate galley kitchen and bath area with shower containing 345+/- square feet. A great opportunity to acquire a boathouse with attached rustic residence on the shore of the island.


Little Cranberry Island, located off the coast of Mount Desert Island, has a vibrant community. One of the remaining year-round islands, the population swells considerably during the summer with the return of seasonal visitors, residents, and boaters from yachts moored in the harbor. There is passenger ferry service to the island, and water taxis are available in season. The Islesford Dock Restaurant is famous for its good food and lively atmosphere. Also on the island are a library, a museum, an art gallery, and a small market.

A guy can dream, right?

2 comments:

Megs said...

You know I always enjoy a fixer-upper...as long as I'm not living in it :) I'm not sure about the Cornelia Marie, but I'm totally in favor of moving to the beach in Maine...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.