Sunday, July 13, 2008

Nobody Asked Me But...

If you are in the market for a loft or condo, you might consider only buying on the top floor. Obviously the main issue there is that the higher you go on the floor, the higher the price (at least in terms of the downtown lofts.)

With some of the older condos, you can certainly hear people walking around above you. The lofts aren't as big of an issue.

The New York Times had a good article on this issue, and while it speaks of New York, it applies everywhere.

When I lived downtown, and purchased my loft, that slight thought was in the back of my head, and I ended up on the top floor - but the main reason was because of the ceiling height. The major problem I had was the thin walls - but developments have come a long way since then. People can fall in love with a place, but not think of something like noise above...

No comments: